Rules/Info for the linkup:
1. Attach button in your post
2. Answer the questions (if you don't want to answer all of them that is fine- you can just pick a few that stand out to you!)
3. Feel free to write anything that you learned or thought was neat
4. Please link your post up with your answers to the questions
5. Post these rules on your blog post
6. You can comment on other people's posts and what they have learned
1. What is your definition of confidence.
Confidence, how I understand it, is the feeling of peace and assurance one can have as they go through life, and various difficult situations. It is knowing that you can do something. Confidence is like self-assurance in a way.
2. List some things our society put confidence in. Now read the following passages: Psalm 71:5-8 and Phil. 3:2-9. How would you describe the difference between the confidence which comes from the world and the confidence we have in Christ?
Skin-Deep Beauty, the Republican Party, the Democratic Party, Pastors, Diets, Exercise programs, etc, etc.
God is the One in whom we can (and must) have complete confidence. All else can be equated with garbage (Philippians 3) compared to what we have in Messiah.
The world chooses to put it's confidence in things that are vapors, things that swiftly pass away. But, as Believers, we must put our complete confidence in Christ and what we have in Him - these will not pass away.
3. What area in your life do you lack confidence in?
Hmmmm.....Though there are a few areas wherein I lack confidence, I would say that in the area of witnessing (sharing my faith), is one area in which my confidence is lacking.
I doubt I'll know what to say, how to say it, and when to say things.
4. How do you think we best overcome our lack of confidence?
Prayer, reading God's Holy Word, and trusting in our Lord.
5. What are some verses that stand out to you relating to confidence? Are there any that have boosted your self confidence?
Romans 8: 35 - 39
35 Who will separate us from the love of the Messiah? Trouble? Hardship? Persecution? Hunger? Poverty? Danger? War? 36 As the Tanakh puts it, "For your sake we are being put to death all day long, we are considered sheep to be slaughtered." 37 No, in all these things we are superconquerors, through the one who has loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor other heavenly rulers, neither what exists nor what is coming, 39 neither powers above nor powers below, nor any other created thing will be able to separate us from the love of God which comes to us through the Messiah Yeshua, our Lord.
6. Why do you feel confidence is important in a person's life?
Without confidence, my life would be as shaky as a fiddler on the roof! [seriously now]
Without confidence, I couldn't accomplish anything great, could not face things that I feared, could not be a strong Believer!
7. How confident do you think you are (rank from 1-10, 10 being the highest)
7 or 8 (though about two years ago I was more of a 5)
8. Would your friends describe you as a confident person?
I think they would say that I am a fairly confident person.
9. Do you think there is a difference between confidence and arrogance?
Absolutely! Arrogance is pride, boldness, and haughty demeanor all rolled into one. Confidence is having full trust, believing in yourself and in your abilities.
10. Have you had trouble with confidence in your life before?
Oh, yes, definitely. In many areas, shapes, and forms.
Fortunately, I have grown in confidence throughout these past few years - something I am very grateful for.
Somewhere down the line, I want to share some of my "lack of confidence" experiences.
The last thing I wish to say is this:
Confidence is something to be learned and acquired - it doesn't come quickly and without hardships.
Great Bible Study this week, Britt!