Saturday, July 30, 2016

His Loving-kindness


Praise the LORD! Oh give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; For His lovingkindness is everlasting. Psalm 106:1



This week I've definitely felt the topic of the Lord's loving-kindness on my mind. Though we can stray outside His will, grieving our Good Father, yet when we repent and turn towards Him wholeheartedly - He bestows compassion upon us and gives mercy (or loving-kindness).

Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you;

therefore he will rise up to show you compassion.
For the Lord is a God of justice.
Blessed are all who wait for him! 
Isaiah 30:18


What an awesome God we serve! His mercies are truly new every morning or each of us! Although, of course, this is not to say that we have "free reign" to just keep on doing wrong and coming back to Him. No. Instead we should do as Paul says in Romans 12:1 - 

Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, 
to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—
this is your true and proper worship.

He gives us unmerited mercy, and we strive to daily give Him our all, offering ourselves as living sacrifices for the One who sacrificed everything for us. We cannot fathom the depths of His love and compassion for us. His loving-kindness towards His children is so great that even before we call out to Him for help, He answers. 

And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer;
and while they are yet speaking, I will hear. Isaiah 65:24

While we are YET SPEAKING, He hears. He knows the thoughts of our hearts before we speak them, and this verse shows that even before we call He is already working for us. This special verse speaks so loudly to me right now, that I can't even begin to express how grateful to Him I am for all He has been doing for me....little 'ol me.

I hope each of us can take great comfort in Isaiah 65:24.  Knowing that, even in hard times, when it seems like God isn't answering our prayers; even then He is working "behind the scenes", as it were, to bring about the answers.


What are your favorite verses about God's Loving-kindness?

No comments:

Post a Comment